Forgetting the password of any account is not less than a nightmare. If you have forgotten your password and facing problems in changing it, you can do it with the use of the following steps.
Steps to follow for resetting the AOL password if you know your current password:
1. The first thing you need to do is sign in to your www.AOLmail.com account. In case you are not logged in, login now.
2. You will have to input your username and password, tap on the “Sign-in” option.
3. On the top right side of the page, click on your name.
4. Click “Account Security” on the left panel of the page.
5. Now, click on “Change Password”.
You will be redirected to a new page where you have to put your new password. You can click “show password” if it makes your typing easy.
Hit on the “Continue” option and you can choose your new password.
If you have forgotten your password, these are the steps to follow:
1. Go to the AOL sign-in page and enter your username.
2. Click “Forgot Password” and you will be asked for a one-time verification code shared on your e-mail or phone number depending on what you have provided for security purposes.
3. Once you enter the code, you will be given an option to change your password.
Quick Tips to Create New and Secure AOL Password
It’s better to change your password every three to six months for security reasons. Using a short password makes it easy to hack and using a long password makes it difficult to remember. So here are some quick tips to create a secure AOL password.
- A unique password should be a priority.
- Try not to use common passwords like 1234 or my password.
- Don’t use the same passwords for every other internet account.
- Don’t use personal information like your birthdates, anniversary dates, phone numbers, or address.
- Keep on updating your AOL password on a regular basis.
- Always keep the backup e-mail or phone number updated.
- Never share your password with anyone, even if you trust that person the most.
Ways to Remember Your Passwords
We forget passwords as there are so many accounts to look over. You can combine two words without giving any space and also add a number to it for a more strong and secure password. Try not to follow the crowd and think out of the box.
If you face difficulty in remembering passwords, keep a record in your notebook and keep it hidden and safe. You can use a sequence of letters and numbers. For example – 23we67ty, this is called the keyboard trick in which you write letters under the numbers. The easiest trick to remember your password is by storing it in your browser.
You should not stress about not remembering passwords, let the computers do what they are made to do. You can also use a password manager but make sure to check that it’s totally encrypted and does not use your personal information.